Thursday, June 13, 2024

Regular Gaming Update

Right now, I've been playing many different games, but I'm not really focused enough on any of them to have much to report.

In terms of what is coming, we have a late June launch for the new FFXIV expansion, so that will likely be absorbing most of my time from that point forward.  I'm not sure how focused I'll be on getting each job to max level again, but I will at least do all the DOH/DOL jobs and one of each type for the combat jobs.

Following FFXIV, we have the new World of Warcraft expansion in late August.  That should give me plenty of time to complete what I need to on FFXIV before War Within launches.  After that, there will likely be a new Guild Wars 2 expansion somewhere down the line.

Since the last blog update, I've finished the new content patch for Elder Scrolls Online on my Magicka Templar and have done about half of it on my Arcanist.  I've also been working on map completion on my Templar.  Just working my way through it alphabetically.  Because it's at least easy to figure out what comes next that way.

I also started playing Diablo IV and have gotten my Necromancer to level 24.  I'm having a good time with it so far.  It seems unwise to have added another game into the rotation, but what the heck.



In World of Warcraft, I've gotten my alliance hunter to level 60 and have started on the Dragonflight content.  The Shadowlands leveling path seems a bit off.  Doing main story quests works fine until about level 56 or 57.  After that, you're better off switching to dungeon leveling, as the quest xp scaling seems way off.

The plan for the next couple of weeks until FFXIV launches is to gear up my Machinist job in case I decide to level that right away.  I will also do the same thing for my Horde hunter in World of Warcraft since that will likely be the second character I level in War Within.  I may wait for whatever gear catch-up system is coming pre-launch for that piece, though.

That is the update for now.

Cheers,

Joar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 15th Blogoversary!

I'm a day late on this because of the weekend, but yesterday was the 15th anniversary of the start of this blog.     I've done quite...