Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Unlocking Old Content in FFXIV

FFXIV

One of the interesting things that you might not be aware of as a new player to FFXIV is that there is an incredibly large amount of content that is not automatically unlocked as a result of leveling and progressing through the MSQ.  This content includes Trials, Dungeons, Alliance Raids and Normal Raids.  Almost all of these items include interesting quest lines and stories associated with the content being unlocked.

This can also include both Hard, Extreme and Savage modes of different types of content.  

Beast tribes are another type of content that can also be unlocked, none of which are started through the MSQ.  Beast tribes unlock daily quest type content and also various rewards that become available at certain reputation levels.  I'll cover beast tribes in more detail in a later blog post.

For group content, almost everything is unlocked via quest indicator that look like this:

 

For finding all of this various content, I use the following website:  https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/FF14_Wiki

So here is a non-definitive list

Dungeons Requiring Separate Unlocks:





















And here is the list of trials:  











A couple of notes on these lists.  I've left the high-end extreme and unreal versions of the trials off these lists.  These are sort of the FFXIV equivalent of mythic raiding for you WoW folks.  Also, the first trial on here, Relic Reborn, is part of a fairly lengthy quest chain to get your relic weapon for ARR.  The weapon itself isn't particularly useful these days, but could be something that you want for a glamour.

In order to unlock each of these, if you go to the website that I linked above, it'll also include the unlock quest, which you can click on to find out where the quest giver is.  Note that a few of these are part of a larger quest chain, so if there is a previous quest listed, you may need to go back a bit to find the actual starting point.

In other FFXIV updates, I've managed to get my Machinist to level 65 in the limited play time that I've had the last several weeks.  I've also been running Eden's Promise on my Summoner to try to get 510 gear for my Samurai in the thought that I might go Samurai main for Endwalker.  I haven't been having a ton of success with that, so I may just buy the gear I need at some point.

I've also been doing a little bit on both the White Mage and the Thaumaturge.  Can't decide which of those two will be the next job that I level, but I'm keeping them both somewhat in motion just in case.

Cheers,

Joar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Necromancer Done. Only Warden Remains

 I managed to get the Necromancer to level 50, so now only the Warden remains.  He's currently sitting at level 39, so it's not too ...