Another month, another instance of me screwing up my TempusGameIt data.
The official total for September is 3 hours and 10 minutes, but that isn't quite right. When I reinstalled FFXIV, I forgot to run a new scan, so there's probably about an hour and 15 minutes of FFXIV play missing.
That puts the real total somewhere around 4 hours and 25 minutes.
Still not exactly a huge gaming month.
Guild Wars 2 accounted for about two hours of the recorded time, while World of Warcraft managed all of 29 minutes. FFXIV doesn't really show up at all because of my tracking mistake.
I already wrote about most of the reasons behind those numbers last week, so I won't go through all of that again. The short version is that my attempt to catch up in Guild Wars 2 came to a frustrating stop, WoW continues to give me very little reason to stick around once I log in, and I finally reinstalled FFXIV and started working through the story content I've missed.
So, despite what the tracker says, FFXIV is probably the most interesting part of September.
Looking Ahead to October
For now, that's where I expect most of my gaming time to go.
I'm going to keep working through the FFXIV content I've missed and see how far I can get. I'm enjoying being back so far, although I haven't played enough yet to know whether this return is really going to stick.
The potential obstacle is gear.
At some point I may hit a wall where I need better gear to keep moving forward. I'm not particularly interested in getting back into a regular raid cycle just to catch up, so if that happens I'll probably see how far I can get using tokens and other upgrade paths instead.
I'm mostly interested in seeing the story and getting myself current again.
Guild Wars 2 is still sitting there if I decide I want another shot at it. WoW obviously isn't going anywhere. But neither one is particularly high on my list for October right now.
Of course, given how my gaming plans have gone lately, check back in a month and see if I actually did any of that.
Cheers,
Joar

No comments:
Post a Comment