So here are the steps that I've taken as part of my preparation:
- Re-sort character screens into planned leveling order (see previous blog post for planned order)
- Clear quest logs (it feels odd deleting all the Legion profession quests, but I really don't need them)
- Clean out bags - legendaries to void storage, artifacts to bank, everything else either sell or bank - basically all my Legion cloth I'm selling now but ore and herbs I'm banking for sale later on. Enchanting mats are getting sold now.
- Bandages are a thing of the past, so we won't be stocking up on those. I also usually wait to buy food until the new zones because you can usually get better food in the new areas.
- Record current /played time for each character to use for tracking time to level 110-120 (this is kind of interesting in that I have some that are as little as 10 hours for new demon hunters that were leveling only, to some that are over 100 days.
- Record starting current gold level on each server / faction (okay, this is a weird thing that I do where I like to track how much gold I make on each expansion - totally not something that normal people would need to bother with).
- The first five toons that I will level are already fully gemmed and enchanted as a matter of normal course. Everyone else will wait for new enchants and gems.
- Get everyone to Dalaran.
Once the expansion launches, I'll actually log in to every single toon to get their rested xp building as well so they've got full bars once I start, for everyone but toon #1!
So that's it for preparation.
Legion seems to have been a decent leveling success. I managed to get 5 more toons all the way from start to max level bringing me to a grand total of 33. I've continued the practice of the last few expansions of having a core set of 5 toons that ran most of the current content. And from there, we'll see what Battle for Azeroth brings!
Post a Comment