Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Unlucky Death Knight

My poor death knight is the unluckiest soul in the Joar empire this expansion so far.  The poor guy is stuck at an ilvl of 609 and continues to have awful luck in normal dungeons, getting absolutely nothing in terms of useful drops.  So he's going to be watching all his pals go off to try the new wing of LFR this week, while he sits in in his stable and commiserates with his mounts.

He's a blacksmith, so is getting close to being able to make himself his first piece of crafted gear, but even that isn't going to be enough to get him there.

My warlock had pretty good luck last week in both the normal and LFR version of Highmaul and got 3 or 4 upgrades out of the run.  So he's looking forward to the new wing opening this week and seeing those bosses for the first time.

He's got enough Hexweave to craft his last piece of crafted gear, but we're going to wait to see if anything drops in LFR first.

I've also been leveling both the Alliance and Horde hunters and am really enjoying Marksmanship on both.  I'm hoping my Horde hunter has better luck with gearing once he gets to 100 than the Death Knight has, because I think that may be my second raiding toon.

Finally, I've also been working on my stables on my death knight.  He's now caught all the mounts, so it's just a matter of working through the quest lines.  So that's about it for the update for this week.  I'm hoping to get my hunter to 100 by the end of the week as well as getting in some more LFR runs, and we'll have to see if my poor death knight's luck improves.


2 comments:

  1. There are a couple of rares you can kill which drop ilvl 620 items, which will be upgrades for you. For the DK your worst slots are cloak and bracers, so you canake him to Shattrath for http://www.wowhead.com/item=119385 for the bracers. There are 5 different world uniques that drop 620 cloaks usable by DKs - http://www.wowhead.com/items=4.-6?filter=minle=620;maxle=620;minrl=100;maxrl=100;ub=6;cr=180;crs=3;crv=0 (filter out the pvp stuff)

    - Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hope you know you're always welcome on my flex runs and on the world boss zergfest. I'm running a guild world boss kill at 9 server time tonight.

    - also Nina

    ReplyDelete

Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online Updates

I continue to balance my playing time between Elder Scrolls Online and Guild Wars 2.  I finished running my Reaper through the new Guild War...