Anyway, in addition to my four current 80's - warlock, death knight, druid and hunter, here's where I finished the month of January:
Cador - Paladin - level 70
Zinjar - Priest - level 34
Mograwn - Shaman - level 31
Vindoria - Mage - level 28
Rukai - Rogue - level 12
This pace worked out to 1.58 levels per day for the month of January which is closer to what I thought I could achieve when more focused on leveling. If I'm able to maintain this pace, I would be on track to get the rest of these toons to level 80 sometime around the 3rd or 4th week of June, which puts me on pace to have them done before my expectation of when Cataclysm comes out.
So leveling the priest this weekend, I ended up queuing for a lot of instances with my son on his priest. They generally went fairly well with me serving as dps and my son healing on his priest. We did have a few tanks that seemed to have some issues though.
Now, let me preface this by saying that I completely suck at tanking. Said that before here. I've tried it on my death knight, and I'm an epic fail at it.
That being said, even with that, there are a few things, particularly for low level warrior tanks that I feel are worth pointing out.
- Just because you're a warrior, doesn't mean you can naturally tank.
- Having some, if not most of your talent points in the protection tree is a real plus for tanking. Arms spec'd tanks are not the new cutting edge thing.
- Try using a shield. I'm not an expert on block mechanics, but I'm pretty sure it's a good thing for tanking.
- Defensive stance anyone? And no, it's not a spell you needed to pick up. It's a quest. Again - I'm not an expert, but just reading the tooltip, anything that decreases damage taken and increases threat is probably good to use - at least every now and then.
- Auto attack is probably not going to be enough - go ahead and feel free to hit that Heroic Strike, Thunderclap or Cleave button every now and then. Even Sunder Armor. I know you're a big ugly warrior, and that generates a lot of threat on it's own, but these other things help too.
- When your healer says "please wait, I'm out of mana" that's not secret code for "go ahead, pull the next several trash groups."