Monday, August 5, 2024

Blaugust 2024: Intro and Updates on FFXIV and World of Warcraft

For those of you who may be reading my blog for the first time because of Blaugust, I figured I'd start with a bit of an introduction.  I've been blogging about video games for over 15 years now.  This blog started as a way to talk about plans that I had for leveling a bunch of alts in World of Warcraft, as well as leveling strategies.  It has eventually expanded to cover quite a few other games I play, but it still tends to focus on casual gameplay and leveling alts.

If you'd like a little bit more detailed history of the blog, there's a pretty decent version that I did for Blaugust back in 2022:  https://wowaltaddiction.blogspot.com/2022/08/blaugust-2022-evolution-of-wow-alt.html

Since the last update, more than two weeks ago, I have been continuing to slog through alt jobs in Dawntrail and working through the new raid.  I finished leveling my Machinist and am sitting at level 96 on my Samurai.  Paladin will be up next.  I've also been working pretty hard on the various DOH / DOL jobs and have them all sitting between 95 and 98 (except Fishing, which is at 94).  So I'm making good progress there.  I continue to just use the Grand Company turn-ins each day for leveling.

I missed one raid cycle of the new raid because of vacation, so I'm a bit behind. I've got a lot of tokens at this point, but it's been pretty spread out, so I haven't really upgraded much gear yet.  

I also finished the Caster, Healer, and Ranged DPS role quests and will knock out the physical dps role quests once I'm done with Samurai.

I'm still mostly enjoying Dawntrail, but I am running out of steam with this expansion. So, I may switch back to World of Warcraft on and off, particularly once the new expansion launches there.

On the World of Warcraft front, I haven't done much other than get the pre-patch up and running. I'm still working on the Alliance Warlock, and if I get the chance, I may try leveling him using Radiant Echoes. He's around level 61.  

Beyond that, I'm still logging on every day to do an enchanting writ in ESO to continue to level that last profession. It's sitting around 44 now, so I'm getting close.

That's it for now.   More soon!

Joar



2 comments:

  1. I see we are hovering around the same 3 games at the moment! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only other one that I also add in periodically is Guild Wars 2

      Delete

First Level 80 in War Within

I hit level 80 on my warlock in War Within this week.  His total time to level was 12 hours and 45 minutes.  Obviously not a leveling speed ...