Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Actually, It Has Been A Longer Break

This has been the longest Warcraft break that I've taken in quite a while.  I haven't logged on in several weeks at this point.  Having leveled so many characters over the course of this expansion so far, I was having a hard time pulling together the energy to do many more particularly given that:


  1. The leveling experience is supposed to be significantly streamlined in Shadowlands, and I'd really like to see that.
  2. I'm almost out of characters slots on my account.  With 42 max level toons, I only have 8 more available.  With the current downtime, I likely could have knocked out 3-4 more before Shadowlands if I hadn't taken a break.
So instead, I've been playing a decent amount of SWTOR lately.  There was an experience boost in place starting in April that finished in mid June.  I'm working on finishing up the main class story lines on all of the possible classes.  I'm about to finish 7 out of 8.  I only had two done when I started on this.

While my "main" in SWTOR has already hit max level for the latest expansion, I also have not finished all of the new expansion's content, so I have to work through that as well.

I also just realized that I missed the Darkmoon Faire and it's profession quests for probably the first time in 5-6 years.  There didn't seem to be any real benefit to finishing all the professions this time, so it doesn't bother me that I missed the free points on the couple that I have left.

I will definitely be back once the pre-patch releases.  I'm still subscribed and at least at the moment, I don't intend to leave the game completely.  And if I had gotten an invite to the alpha/beta, I likely would have played, just because I enjoy looking for bugs in quests (even if they very rarely end up getting addressed or fixed).  

So I'll see everyone here in a month or two when it looks like we're closer to pre-patch.  And in the meantime, if you want to follow my adventures in SWTOR, you can do so here:  https://swtoraltaddiction.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Joar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online Updates

I continue to balance my playing time between Elder Scrolls Online and Guild Wars 2.  I finished running my Reaper through the new Guild War...