Wednesday, September 4, 2024

More Limited Game Time

 My game time has been much more limited lately, so there hasn't been much in the way of updates.  I'm still working on War Within, although I still haven't even hit max level on my main yet, much less started on any alts.  In FFXIV, I'm basically down to running the final boss of the raid each week for the weapon token and have done nothing to level alts there, either.

Two factors have caused this limit. First is my employer, which has historically been highly flexible regarding working from home. Our CEO has decided to mandate three days per week in the office to help improve company culture.  Adding an hour a day commuting for those is 3 fewer hours of playtime per week.  Plus, I played on the side whenever I was on particularly dull or irrelevant Zoom calls.

The 2nd factor has been because of the younger Joarling.  I have posted about his swimming and state championship earlier this year.  He is going into his junior year of high school, meaning college recruiting for him could start this past 15th of June.  While we expected him to get some attention, we were utterly overwhelmed by the number of schools that reached out to him.  We spent a month talking to many different coaches, researching schools, and narrowing down his list. Still, the end result is that he has seven official visits scheduled over the next two months with various universities around the country.

Only one of these visits is near our home, so for the most part, they all involve flying somewhere on Thursday and returning home on Sunday.  This means that for September and October, I'm effectively only working three days per week while spending the rest of the time accompanying him on these visits.  It's also causing him to get very behind on his schoolwork, so I'm also spending most of my time in the evenings helping him get caught up on homework and studying for quizzes and exams.  He goes to an overly demanding school that hasn't so far shown much flexibility in helping him manage this situation.

On the positive side, it's been a lot of fun so far!


(It had been pouring rain not long before this picture was taken, which is why we both look a bit soggy)

That is the update for now.  

Cheers,

Joar




No comments:

Post a Comment

First Level 80 in War Within

I hit level 80 on my warlock in War Within this week.  His total time to level was 12 hours and 45 minutes.  Obviously not a leveling speed ...