Tuesday, May 24, 2022

It Has Been A While

As the title of this blog post notes, it has been quite a while since my last blog post.  I recently changed to a new role at my IRL job, and have not had much time for playing or blog writing as I've been getting up to speed.  I have probably sacrificed more on the blog writing side since there are quite a few updates on the playing side since last I posted.

Guild Wars 2

This is probably where I made the most progress since my last blog post since I have now completely finished End of Dragons and so am completely current on content.  End of Dragons was, in my mind, the best Guild Wars 2 expansion yet.  I really enjoyed all of the zones and the storyline was really satisfying.  It brought everything together quite nicely.

It is interesting to me that both Guild Wars 2 and FFXIV seem to deliver increasingly better expansions while World of Warcraft tends to head in the opposite direction, probably since Pandaria.  

I've now been going back and working on completing the original Tyria maps since my current main, my necromancer, was actually a boosted character since I did the full play through the first time around on a ranger, who just didn't seem up to the task once I got to Heart of Thorns.  I also started fleshing out a Scourge build, but I haven't really started gearing up for that particular build yet.

Elder Scrolls Online

I also had fairly major accomplishments on this one as I managed to finish the Aldmeri Dominion storyline to get Caldwell Silver.  I've now started the third storyline, Ebonheart Pact, to work toward Caldwell Gold.  I also did the handful of intro quests for the new High Isles expansion, which should be a lot of fun when it arrives.   Expansions in ESO are less of a big deal than they are in some of the other games that I play as they tend to be less overall story content.  But that works fine given the amount of time that I'm spending on other games.

FFXIV

Last but not least, I recently dove back into FFXIV again, back to working on leveling my Astrologian.  I had taken so much time away from FFXIV recently that I was quite surprised to queue for the MSQ daily roulette and discover that it was now a four-man dungeon.  I still made it through just fine even though I hadn't healed on the AST in quite a while.

That is it for now.  I will try to post more often now that I'm getting a little bit more settled into the new job.

Cheers,

Joar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Necromancer Done. Only Warden Remains

 I managed to get the Necromancer to level 50, so now only the Warden remains.  He's currently sitting at level 39, so it's not too ...