Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Strategies for Leveling Alt Jobs in FFXIV

 I'm clearly spending the majority of my time in FFXIV these days.  There is literally no update on ESO because I don't think I've played it at all since my last blog post.  

I managed to get my Machinist to max level within the last few days, so that's my 4th DOW/DOM job at max level.  While I really enjoyed the MCH, I think I still plan to play SAM mostly as my main for Endwalker, although I may try to gear up the MCH as well if I get the chance.  I have gotten the SAM fully outfitted in 510 gear, so that job is ready to go.

With MCH done, I've started to work on both BRD and DNC.  As I've continued to level things, I'm finding Armoury Chest space is becoming an issue.  One of the strategies that I'm using to deal with that is to just keep gear for one job type in the Armoury Chest at a time.  So right now, I only have physical ranged dps gear there.  For healer gear, melee gear, caster dps gear and tank gear, I'm currently storing all of that with retainers.  

So I'm going to work on leveling the BRD and DNC somewhat together next.  Then, once those are both done, I'll desynth all the non-max level ranged dps gear, and switch my armoury chests completely out for caster dps gear and start leveling that (or healer gear, or melee gear depending on which type I decide to do next).  Then follow basically the same process from there.

For caster dps, I only have BLM and RDM to do (I'll leave blue mage off to the side for a bit because of it's unique nature).  For healers, my WHM is at 53 and I need to start an AST.  

I also started a ROG/NIN and have started to level him as well, because even though it's melee dps, below level 50 that job shares generic dexterity DOW gear with the physical ranged dps classes.  

In terms of what I'm actually doing to level, it is still primarily just the suite of daily roulettes - leveling, alliance raids, trials and 50/60/70 dungeons.  I need to add beast tribe quests into that rotation, mostly because I'd like to get all  the mounts from those.  

Cheers,

Joar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online Updates

I continue to balance my playing time between Elder Scrolls Online and Guild Wars 2.  I finished running my Reaper through the new Guild War...