Tuesday, May 4, 2021

My First Max Level Elder Scrolls Online Character!

 ESO

I hit level 50 on my Magicka Templar this past week in ESO.  It's my first and only max level character in the game.  I've finished up the whole Elsweyr / Dragon storyline and am ready to head off to Skyrim for the most recent major content release.  

I may actually do the intro quests for Blackwood since it will be coming out soon, and then go back and work on Skyrim after those are done.  It's actually one of the things that I like about this game is the ability to just handle the content in whatever fashion you want.  If I want to stop and do some of the newest stuff to get ready for the next major expansion, it doesn't matter at all that I haven't done anything on the last expansion.

I'm also working on figuring out how the whole Champion point thing works now that I have a few to allocate (I think I'm around 25 already).  Having really enjoyed the original Oblivion / Morrowind games way back in the day, I really enjoy the feel of this game and how things work.  And with all kinds of things that I haven't even touched yet, it feels like there is going to be plenty to keep me occupied for quite a while.

FFXIV

In Final Fantasy, I've mostly been working on improving my Summoner gear so that my ilvl is high enough to run the dungeon that comes with the next patch without having to buy a bunch of gear.  I'm hoping the cutoff is ilvl 500, but I'm shooting to be at 510 just in case.  Looking through the last few expansions, I think it was a 20 point jump on the ilvl minimum for the dungeons between X.5a and X.5b, so I'm just trying to be ready for that.  I'm at 505 now, so I'm getting pretty close.  

I've also been working on leveling both my Samurai and Machinist mostly through regular roulettes.  I've been prioritizing the SAM, thinking that I already have a ranged dps in the SMN, so having a melee in the mix might be interesting.  Using that same rationale, it will probably make sense to max the Paladin next to have a tank to play with as well, but I may finish up the White Mage, since I like that healing style a little bit better than Scholar.

I also want to finish up the whole Ruby Weapon / Emerald Weapon / Diamond Weapon story line as well at some point, but I haven't gotten to that yet.  I feel like there will be plenty of time for that once 5.5b drops and is done.  It might even be something I can do on my SAM once I get that job to 80.

That's it for this week.

Cheers,

Joar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online Updates

I continue to balance my playing time between Elder Scrolls Online and Guild Wars 2.  I finished running my Reaper through the new Guild War...