Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Ding. Level 120 Number 42 is Done

I finally managed to hit 120 on my very first World of Warcraft character!  The first character that I rolled was a gnome mage named Abbert.  I played him for a while, got him to level 13 and then decided that I didn't really like mages and I didn't really like Alliance much either.  So I switch to Joar, and the rest is history.

In the meantime, Abbert stayed parked in Ironforge, for 13 years.  Until recently.

As it turns out, I still don't like leveling mages (I've made that point before).  It's really just the Battle of Azeroth portion that I don't like - everything up to that seems to work just fine, but once you get to Kul Tiras or Zandalar, everything seems to fall apart and it becomes this massive struggle.  I think it's just because heirlooms are tuned really badly for certain classes.  In full Azerite gear, I don't expect it would be quite as much of a struggle.

But now my very first character is proudly sitting at max level.  His total leveling time wasn't very good, particularly compared to the characters that I was blowing through during the anniversary event.  He finished in 2 days, 11 hours and 20 minutes played.  I did a Black Iron Dwarf warlock prior to the anniversary event, and that was about 7 hours slower, but I expect that a character that was easier to level would go much faster.  That, and I have no idea how long it took me to get to level 13 back during Burning Crusade.  It could have been quite a while back then.

Now that's done, I'm likely going to work on getting caught up on a few pet battle achievements from Draenor, Legion and BfA.  Not that family stuff, which seems like too much work, but the other general collecting and battling ones.  Then I might go back to leveling a bit.  Next up would be my Vulpera Warlock, Joari.

Cheers,

Joar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Necromancer Done. Only Warden Remains

 I managed to get the Necromancer to level 50, so now only the Warden remains.  He's currently sitting at level 39, so it's not too ...