Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Leveling and Scaling in 7.3.5 so far

With all my level 100's now sitting at 110, I've now started moving some lower level toons up.  My first exposure to the new scaling was with my Horde shaman, who was sitting at level 80.  Because of a momentary lapse in judgement, I elected to do the 80-90 path using the Cataclysm zones instead of Pandaria.  (Reminder:  see about getting a CAT scan...possible brain tumor)

So a couple of general observations.


  • I don't hit nearly as hard as I used to, and mobs are taking longer to die, at least for this stretch. 
  • It was pretty interesting being able to finish entire zones.  The only downside was that doing both Hyjal and Uldum all the way through only took me to 89 1/2, so I had to go back and do a few quests in Deepholm, which seemed odd.
  • All the portals to the Cataclysm zones seem to work now whether you've done those zones or not.  Makes getting to Uldum a lot easier, but there's still no easy way back, so make sure you have your Hearthstone set to Orgrimmar / Stormwind before embarking on Uldum.
  • With the ability to choose between Outland / Northrend and Cataclysm / Pandaria, I would have liked having an option that would have allowed me to avoid Draenor.  I certainly understand why that wouldn't necessarily work.  But I hate Draenor.  So I'm still sad.
  • Most quest gear prior to Draenor basically sells for nothing, which also sucks.  Gold isn't really an issue for me on any server, but for folks where gold is a challenge, that's not going to be a great thing.
I'm continuing to do emissaries on my warlock main just to continue accumulating Curious Coins.  I'm also working on finishing up those last few professions, although not with any intensity.  And my access to materials has dropped off now that I'm not doing emissaries on everyone.

That's about it for the news for now.

Cheers,

Joar





No comments:

Post a Comment

Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online Updates

I continue to balance my playing time between Elder Scrolls Online and Guild Wars 2.  I finished running my Reaper through the new Guild War...